First, you have to know what the Wavetable oscillator is and what it does. For more than you ever wanted to know about the Wavetable oscillator, I direct you to Propellerheads excellent tutorial series 'Discovering Reason'. Read these, first:
Thor Demystified 11: The Wavetable oscillator part 1
Thor Demystified 12: The Wavetable oscillator part 2
Wavetable oscillator - what is it?
So let's get started.
2. Initialize the patch by selecting Edit -> Initialize Patch
3. Change Osc 1 from Analog to Wavetable.
4. Select 'Bypass' in the Filter 1 slot.
5. In the Modulation section, Choose Source Performance -> Breath, Amount 100 Dest 1 Osc 1 -> Pos
Your patch should look like this.
Putting it together
- Select “trombone multi” as your wavetable in the Wavetable oscillator
- Set the position knob to the right. This is the wave form we want with little breath.
- in the modulation section set
Breath -> -100 -> Osc1Pos
- Select the Analog oscillator and select the Triangle wave form this will form the starting point of our flute patch
- Add a Wavetable oscillator in the Osc 2 position. Choose the 'Synced Sine' wavetable. Set pos to 0 (all the way to the left)
- In the modulation section set
Breath -> 46 -> Osc2 Pos
As always, have fun!