Ed Bauman is a fixture on the Reason Forums. He is one of the most knowledgable and certainly most helpful guys out there. Many times, I have seen a post start or end with 'Maybe Ed has some ideas on this...' hoping to get a response from the master!
This ReFill is rather eclectic but jam packed with a lot of great stuff. It is a compilation of seriously advanced Reason techniques, packaged up with some great documentation. In fact Ed himself describes his ReFill as "A helpful collection of creative combinators for Reason and Record." It's also important to note that the ReFill is not presented as a collection of patches, but as a collection of Reason song files. This lets the author present little song examples to demonstrate the functionality of each one.
Extensive documentation is given for each patch where you are walked through the inner workings of it. In fact, the included PDF is 128 pages long!
- A time sensitive display that shows the CV values as they go by, and you can set the speed. Let's say you have your breath output on your EWI converted to CV. As you play you get a wave moving from right to left in the band display of a BV512 Vocoder.
- Moving Thor Rotaries.
- Moving Thor Formant filter display
- A numeric readout in the MBRS (Modulation Bus Routing Section) of the Thor Device
And There's More...
- TheAntiquator - realistically add ground loop buzz, LP scratches and pops, system hiss and more
- CarRadio - Simulates a radio trying to tune into the station.
- Analog Delay - a delay with soft distortion in the feedback loop
- VocalEliminator - eliminates the audio in the center of the stereo field.
- LusciousSpace5thStrings - beautiful strings
- HeroicPad - a huge stack of Thors making a very nice analog pad
- MethSqueak - a Roland GR-300 emulation
- BigFatAnalogSynth - the name says it all
Utility patches -
- ClickTracker - an insert for adding a click track to a song with many configurable options
- NoiseGate - remove hiss from incoming audio
- AutoFader - trigger to fade out the end of your song
You can get the ReFill here - and tell 'em you heard about it on EWI Reason Sounds!